Gallery

 thumbnail
This old abandoned boiler was in the basement of a home where the children had been carving their names into the asbestos parging and unknowingly breathing in the hazardous fibers.
 thumbnail
Damaged wiring (fire hazard) in this attic occupied by raccoons
 thumbnail
This deteriorated brick chimney will be an expensive repair and could only be observed by climbing the roof.
 thumbnail
This plastic vent is discharging the moist air from the bathroom into the attic space where it can form condensation and cause damage. All fans are required to vent to the exterior. There is also some dangerous wiring evident at the bottom of the picture.
 thumbnail
The electrical installation in this two year old pool house looks like a neat professional installation at first glance. However a closer look reveals that there is no ground fault protection for the lights and outlets near the pool. This is considered a shock hazard and a high priority repair.
 thumbnail
The owners of this two year old home couldn't figure out how their cat was getting from the basement to the garage. Upon inspection I found this large opening that the builder had neglected to seal between the floor joists which led straight into the garage.
 thumbnail
This home was getting free natural gas for the BBQ. The quick connect fitting is located on the wrong side of the gas meter. I don't think the Gas company would have been too pleased.
 thumbnail
This picture shows corrosion due to an improperly connected exhaust fitting on a high efficiency furnace, not only did it rust the inside of the furnace cabinet over a period of time it was also allowing dangerous combustion gases such as carbon monoxide into the home, this is a life safety issue.
 thumbnail
Inadequate support of structurally compromised floor joists.
 thumbnail
Mold growth noted in an attic space due to an improperly sealed bathroom exhaust fan and seperate patch of mold due to a breach in the vapour barrier.
 thumbnail
This is the back side of a roof which was claimed by the owner to be new. Obviously this side was not visible from the street as the buyer was under the impression that the entire roof was new.
 thumbnail
Even though the current fuse is properly sized, the overheated wires tell the story. Fire Hazard!
 thumbnail
Raccoon activity has done some significant damage in this attic.
 thumbnail
Corrosion of the old cast iron drain pipe has led to seepage of sewage into this crawl space. This was only evident upon entering this less than inviting crawlspace.
 thumbnail
Raw sewage flows in this open pit in the basement of this house, the only thing covering it was a light piece of tin.
 thumbnail
Structural failure of an exterior load bearing wall.
 thumbnail
Termite activity was evident in the basement of this home.
 thumbnail
Unsafe electrical work was discovered in this attic.

Previous Next

Picture of

Keith Langlois

RHI | NHI

Registered Home Inspector
National Home Inspector
Licensed Electrician